R.LAB data recovery
January 17, 2022, 06:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error report + Feature request + Many thanks  (Read 6259 times)
handyman

« on: July 22, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »

Hello,

firstly, many thanks for this great tool! It made it possible to resolve the problem of excessive head parking of my external usb harddisk by changing the APM value (for this session) from 128 to 192. I was searching for a long time for a tool to make this possible. All other tools I found do only support internal harddisks.

I found a bug introduced with version 3.2 of HDDScan: If I connect my external harddisk by eSATA, I cannot generate a SMART report anymore. In version 3.1 this was possible. If I connect my external harddisk by USB its no problem.

A very important feature for me would be the support to set the APM value of SCSI harddisks. If I connect my external harddisk by eSATA, I cannot set the APM value because it is not supported with SCSI harddisks. Now, if I want to use eSATA I have to connect by USB, then set the APM value and then connect by eSATA.

My external harddisk:
fantec fanbox FB-C25US2 with JMicron JM20336, SATA + USB, Hitachi HTS545050B9A300

My eSATA PCMCIA adapter:
Sitecom TC-040 eSATA Cardbus Card with Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATALink

Greetings

handyman

Edit: I attached some sceenshots of the errors happened while my harddisk was connected by eSATA.

1) HDDScan 3.1: SMART report was possible, but SCSI features were greyed out.

2) HDDScan 3.2: SMART report was not possible...

3) ...SCSI features were enabled...

4) ...but it was not possible to get a defects list.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:50:10 PM by handyman » Logged
Doomer

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »

Hi
I guess I generated more bugs than fixed them Smiley
In version 3.2 I changed detection procedure and apprently it doesn't work how it supposed to work
Unfortunately I don't have such controller to test, so I cannot give you timeframe for the bugfix
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: