R.LAB data recovery
May 29, 2020, 12:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mybook lost file system  (Read 3399 times)
disaster

« on: December 10, 2010, 03:01:42 AM »

Hi!

I have a very big trouble regarding a WD MyBook Essential 1TB drive. I try to be as short as possible but give you any possible info, maybe you are able to help me. A monitoring software (HDSentinel) recognised, that there are some current pending sectors, so I decided to make a backup as soon as possible to avoid dataloss. So I shutdown properly and the next they it did not start, instead it wanted that I should format it. I tried another usb ports nothing. So I decided to take out from the case and connect it into PC directly. Windows Explorer did not recognise it only disk management but it told me its empty and raw. There are ca. 850GB of mainly music files, so its definitely not empty (I hope at least).
I use Win7, the drive was used only for datastorage, one partition. I have tried already  R-Studio, UFS Explorer. The problem is, for ex. UFS can not find even the file system superblock (if there should be one, i don't know), so I could not recover the partition yet.
Both of them recognised the SmartWare installation virtual CD in a hidden partition, but not the another one with the datafiles.

What do you suggest? Should I use quickformat with NTFS? Or do MyBook has some special features because of this hidden partition and thats why I cant recover the partition with the simple "click and next" button? Huh
Doomer

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »

These WD USB drives use encryption, so if you take out SATA drive from enclosure - you will not see your data because it is encrypted

Sounds like you need professional data recovery help if you want your data back

I'm closing this topic because it is not HDDScan related. If you want to continue discussion about possible DR solutions I suggest you use other forums, hddguru.com or Tom's Hardware for example
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:13:51 PM by Doomer » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: