Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 9571 times)
plk

« on: December 08, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »

Hi,

I am getting the following error message, and the program does not seem to run the surface tests, or indeed do much of anything else. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but can you help me?

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh <javascript:location.reload()> button, or try again later.

System error: -2146697211. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/plk/Local Settings/Temp/FreeCommand...

Phil King
Doomer

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:43:03 PM »

This message is from report
Which report you are trying to view?
plk

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »

The error message is from clicking on S.M.A.R.T., but that is not the only problem. The surface tests do not seem to run. Nothing happens and I don't get any results.
Doomer

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »

Which Windows you use to run HDDScan
And do you have Administrator permissions?
plk

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 11:59:18 PM »

Windows XP SP3.

Yes, I have administrator privileges.

Doomer

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 01:12:44 AM »

can you drag-and-drop smart.xml file from HDDScan folder to Internet Explorer and see what happens?
plk

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 02:39:42 AM »

message: this file already contains a smart file. Would you like to replace it.
plk

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 02:50:33 AM »

Bizarre. Your program is not working from the folder to which I originally unzipped it, but it now seems to be working from a folder to which I earlier copied it. I am sure it was not working from that folder earlier because that is the one that links to my desktop icon.

I am going to go get dinner and I will get back to tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

Phil
Doomer

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »

There is a difference between Explorer and Internet Explorer
Doomer

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »

Bizarre. Your program is not working from the folder to which I originally unzipped it, but it now seems to be working from a folder to which I earlier copied it.
Good to here that
plk

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »

There is a difference between Explorer and Internet Explorer

I know there is a difference between Explorer and Internet Explorer. I dropped the file on the desktop icon for Internet Explorer. That produced the message above. I did not really understand what you wanted me to do. If it is still relevant, I will understand what you mean if you tell me to copy the file to a specific location. (I do not use Explorer as a file manager, and I have no familiarity with it.)

It may not matter, since the program now seems to be working. I am, however, sort of interested in what you wanted me to do, and what the results might be. If you have time, I hope you will tell me.

Thank you for your help.

Phil
Doomer

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »

It may not matter, since the program now seems to be working. I am, however, sort of interested in what you wanted me to do, and what the results might be. If you have time, I hope you will tell me.
Open IE and drag the xml file to the opened IE window - IE should show SMART report or return xml error
It doesn't matter now because the program is working
plk

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »

Open IE and drag the xml file to the opened IE window - IE should show SMART report or return xml error
It doesn't matter now because the program is working
Thank you.

(IE does show the SMART report. The off-line tests are not working for me, but you already know about the problem.)

Phil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: