R.LAB data recovery
August 14, 2020, 04:55:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New MoBo and things go awry...!  (Read 5135 times)
jncunliffe

« on: December 09, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »

Hi,

I've just done a direct replacement of my EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 MoBo because the original board kept 'losing' one of the HDD's.  On my old board I could run HDDScan perfectly.  I would load immediately and give me SMART info straight away.  Great....

Now on my new MoBo, HDDScan now takes over a minute to 'open'.  i.e. the process appears immediately but the GUI takes over a minute to appear on screen.  Further, when I run a SMART query I'm returned with a blank report i.e. some header information about the drive, excluding serial number, but nothing in the SMART table.

All that was changed was the MoBo and that came along with an updated BIOS.

To make things more interesting, when I load HDD apps, e.g. HDTach, that takes 1min 17sec to 'open', Acronis True Image Home over 2mins.  Other apps, Outlook, Excel, Photoshop, etc. load normally.

Any ideas anyone...?

Cheers,

Jon C
Doomer

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »

Any ideas anyone...?
Lose the MoBo ?  Grin
I guess the key is in SATA controller drivers. Try to use different revision or not to use programs like HDDScan or similar
jncunliffe

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »

If only.... The MoBo has always been perfect except for what I guess was a dry joint.

After I replaced the board, using the 'old' SATA drives this problem appeared.  I've since updated the drivers but still no change.

Any advice?
Doomer

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

Any advice?
I don't have any suggestions for now
jncunliffe

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »

Take a look at the attached, v3.1 vs v3.3.  v3.1 works OK and reports SMART information, v3.3 thinks it's a SCSI drive and doesn't.

Any idea why?

Cheers,

Jon

* HDDScan - Comparison.JPG (111.67 KB, 1077x768 - viewed 855 times.)
Doomer

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »

That's a bummer
I guess it's a bug
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: